Benjamin zander on passion and music
I really enjoyed this speech, which I think because I learnt classical piano since young and could relate to the things he mentioned. The heavy impulses when I first start to play a piece and slowly the impulses became less frequent as I had more practice. Also, his frankness added spice to the speech he delivered. For example, his comment on the sleepiness one would feel when listening to classical was frank and humorous. Because I do feel that many pieces are like sleep inducing. But this is also the first time that I heard about the C note making the B note seems sad. I think it is very interesting, something not taught when I was learning piano. When I was learning piano as a child, I don’t like it as a phrase of notes have to be practiced for many times and it takes really lots of effort and years to learn a difficult piece. And C to B is just C and B, I didn’t think that it makes a sad sound. I like his explanation on how to appreciate the Chopin piece. His explanation has allowed me to understand why music pieces constructed in their way and now I believe I understand classical more than I used to.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
tedtalk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment